"For the advocate is judged by the response of those whose minds he seeks to change, and nothing is more likely to spoil his persuasive effect than to be caught out in a factual mistake, especially if the fact relates to a precedent of which the hearer has independent knowledge. 'It wasn't that way' easily transforms itself into 'The whole case must be wrong.'" - Neustadt and May in Thinking in Time (Free Press 1986)

BASEBALL ANYONE????? JULY 3RD

Men,

The next Calvin & Hops meeting is coming up in July, and we're planning a special outing for men and their sons. Mark Thursday, July 3 (7:15 PM) on your calendar for a night at Harbor Park to see the Norfolk Tides (AAA affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles) take on the Richmond Braves (Atlanta's AAA affiliate). Here are the details…

Reserved Seats are normally $9.50, except they offer discounts for students through high school, military, and seniors, at $8.00. I will try to find out whether we can still get these discounts if we have a fairly large group (but less than 25) all trying to sit together.

If, however, we get at least 25, we would all be able to get a group discount at $8.50 per ticket.

PLEASE NOTE: City Parking Fee is $4.00 per vehicle, so factor that into your planning. In addition, concessions are not cheap at the ballpark, and you're not supposed to bring food in, so when the Sweeneys go we fill up on dinner and then maybe buy one treat around the 4th inning or so. You obviously do what you want, but there are ways to save money, especially with such large families.

Here's what I'm looking for:

o Preliminary count by June 1 of who is interested, so I know whether we're looking at a Group Discount. (This is not a commitment, just a solicitation of serious interest.) I will then contact the Tides ticket office to reserve the date.

o Then I'll start asking for monetary commitments, which I will need by June 15 to secure our tickets.

o The Tides require a final ticket count ten days before the game (so June 23). I will only reserve your seat if I have your money by then! Once they process the final count, we can't add any more seats at the discount rate.

I will hand the tickets out at church on June 29, or make some other arrangement with you if you don't attend CHRF.

What if it rains? In the event that the game is postponed, the Tides will attempt to work with us to reschedule our event. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HOLD ON TO ALL OF YOUR TICKETS BECAUSE THEY WILL NEED TO BE RETURNED TO BE RESCHEDULED! If no satisfactory group date is available, our rainchecks will be honored for any remaining non-restricted regular season home game during that season. THERE WILL BE NO CASH REFUNDS.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Also, I am also sending out another e-mail for a separate CHRF family outing, so if you can't make this one, there is another option, or if you're like me, you'll do both.

For the Kingdom,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment