"For the advocate is judged by the response of those whose minds he seeks to change, and nothing is more likely to spoil his persuasive effect than to be caught out in a factual mistake, especially if the fact relates to a precedent of which the hearer has independent knowledge. 'It wasn't that way' easily transforms itself into 'The whole case must be wrong.'" - Neustadt and May in Thinking in Time (Free Press 1986)

17 Feb 2011 - Extortion and Theft...justified?

Location: O'Doherty's Pub in the Valley - Celtic Room!

TIME: 8 p.m - 9:30 p.m.

NOTE: We start on time...so be a little early to get your order in!

TOPIC: Theft From those who Extort

Some questions to ponder in preparation:

  1. Is it O.K to hide that candy and take it into the movie theater...when they want $13 for popcorn and a Coke?
  2. How about music you already bought...but can't find. Should you download for free when the owner is selling it?
  3. What should you do with that $20 you found in the Walmart parking lot.
  4. I'm just building in a closet in my bedroom and I'm building it myself because money is tight...do I really need to spend that cash on a building permit?
  5. The website lets me download that video for free...and it's not illegal in country X. Seems cool to me!
  6. There's this cool program that lets me extract music from Youtube videos and put it on my iPod... I can access those videos anytime I have internet. What's wrong with downloading them so I can listen when I'm out of internet range?
  7. So...where is it that some folks just need to lighten up? Where is it some of us need to listen up?
  8. What does a "full day's work for a full day's pay" mean when working an hourly wage...with access to personal email and facebook?
  9. How are we to apply Ex 22:1-17?


No comments:

Post a Comment